Association Executive Directors Community

• 1.  Reimbursement for Adult MH Residential Group Facilities under Medicaid - 10/25/22

Posted 10-25-2022 18:54

Hello from Maine - I am looking for different models of reimbursement for adult MH residential group facilities under Medicaid that work well.

What do you all do in your state?

Is it annually cost settled, paid per diem/per person, or some other method? Does it work well? 

Thanks!
    Malory

------------------------------------------

Malory Otteson Shaughnessy, MPPM
    Executive Director
     Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services, Maine
    & Maine Behavioral Health Foundation
    295 Water Street, Suite 307 | Augusta, Maine 04330
    Office: 207.621.8118 | Cell: 207.242.0303 | Fax: 207.621.8362

------------------------------
    Malory Shaughnessy
    Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services
    Augusta ME
    207-621-8118

• 2.  RE: Reimbursement for Adult MH Residential Group Facilities under Medicaid - 10/25/22

Posted 10-26-2022 09:59
    Mallory, 

IN TN there is an adult MH residential benefit that includes treatment - not just housing.  It is literally called supervised residential care.  It is mostly provided by CMHCs and under our TennCare program each provider would negotiate there own rate.  if you want to know more about it Caitlin Wright is at TennCare and you can call Brian Buuck at Ridgeview whose agency contracts for the services.  

Brian D Buuck - buuckbd@ridgevw.com
    Caitlin A. Wright - Caitlin.A.Wright@tn.gov

Mary Linden

Mary Linden Salter
    Tennessee Association of Alcohol, Drug and Other Addiction Services
    Nashville TN
    615-780-5901

• 3.  RE: Reimbursement for Adult MH Residential Group Facilities under Medicaid - 10/25/22

Posted 10-26-2022 12:04
    Thank you Mary Linden, I will follow up with those leads. We are really struggling to maintain this service in Maine as our current funding process ends up with providers having to pay back to the state amounts up to 6 figures even though the programs themselves are in the red.

Malory Shaughnessy
    Augusta ME
    207-621-8118

• 4.  RE: Reimbursement for Adult MH Residential Group Facilities under Medicaid - 10/25/22

Posted 10-26-2022 12:05
    Thank you Mary Linden. I will follow up with those  leads. We are really struggling here in Maine as our system of funding ends up each year with providers of residential MH services having to pay back the state often 6 figure amounts even when the programs themselves are in the red.

Malory Shaughnessy
    Augusta ME
    207-621-8118